Old 27-03-2017, 04:07 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
F Murtz F Murtz is offline

Default Lawn aeration

Chris J Dixon wrote:
Gardening magazines seem to like the idea of lawn aeration. My
small domestic lawn has never had such treatment in the 30 years
I have lived here, and I am wondering if it is worth doing.

Has anybody successfully used a hollow tine aerator without it
continually clogging? If so, what was it? I couldn't get a bulb
planter to work at all, so tiny tines seem a non-starter.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-30565-Lawn-Aerator/dp/B00HNUQ0MW/ref=sr_1_4?s=outdoors&ie=UTF8&qid=1490615967&sr=1-4&keywords=lawn+aerator

Are the spiked drum type any good?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-83983-Rolling-Aerator-Spiked-x/dp/B01BYA8WRC/ref=sr_1_6?s=outdoors&ie=UTF8&qid=1490615967&sr=1-6&keywords=lawn+aerator

I have a little moss, no waterlogging, and soil which tends to
clay.

Chris

If you want to look stupid,
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/301841305252?chn=ps