Old 29-03-2017, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith in England Judith in England is offline

Default Germination of Tomatoes

On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 09:15:58 -0400, Gary Woods
wrote:

Judith in England wrote:

Thanks: I did wonder about that as some of my seeds were from last year
(perhaps year before) and I wondered if they were too "old" !

I'm a seed saver, and tomato seed stored dry and cool is good for at
_least_ 3 or 4 years. Right now, I've got some 11-year-old "green zebra"
tomatoes germinating about 10%, which is pretty low but enough to get a few
plants to save seed from.

Very interesting - particularly the 11 years !!

I have never grown "green zebra" - but I am trying some "Green Envy" for the
first time. I guess I will have to "squeeze" them every day once their orange
neighbours appear to be ready to pick !