Old 13-04-2017, 06:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Tulip bulbs

sophiebi wrote:

Hey there! I'm new to the forum and new to gardening too I've become
curious about it and want to plant some tulip bulbs I bought in Holland
last weekend! Could you tell me how deep do they need to be planted and
how often I need to water them? Thankyouuuu

i'm not sure if you are talking about bulbs
that are not yet growing or actually growing
plants?

3 times the size of the bulb is a reasonable
guesstimate. soil should be not too heavy and
water only when actively growing. they do better
when allowed to dry out somewhat in the summer.
water well when planted.

tulip bulbs are best planted in the fall and
not the spring, but if they are actively growing
they may survive. do not be surprised if you do
not get the best results next year (bulbs that
are not yet planted will be very confused).

songbird