Old 14-04-2017, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Shady place grass seed!

In article ,
Muddymike wrote:
Is there such a thing as shady place grass?

I have tried two different brands of seed now for an area of supposed
lawn shaded by a couple of larger trees. Both grew initially but then died.

I have got around to reminding myself of the plant that makes a
good substitute for grass in shady places in my garden: ground
ivy. It doesn't seem to seed significantly, though its runners
are a trifle invasive - but it's very shallow-rooted and very
easy to remove. And it survives being walked on.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.