Old 17-04-2017, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Freshly dug up bluebells- how to plant?

On 17/04/2017 07:25, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 16/04/17 19:08, miljee wrote:
A friend has given me a good clump of bluebells, largely now devoid of
soil (it dropped off as they were lifted), from her garden. Some have
got flowers.

Currently the clump is wrapped in damp newspaper in a flower pot.

How should I plant them? I have appropriate places, but do I just dig 4"
holes, drop the bulbs in, back fill and wait for the top growth to die
back?

Thanks

That's what I would do, and as soon as you can get them in. It's best if
the leaves keep going as long as possible, as they will provide the
energy for next year's flowers.

Bluebells, the ultimate thug. Be careful what you wish for :-)