Old 04-05-2017, 08:14 PM posted to alt.bitterness,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
Bob Bob is offline

Default My Raccoon Doesn't Seem To Like Antifreeze

replying to Way Back Jack, Bob wrote:
If it does contain the bittering agent or you suspect that it does, add
something to sweeten it, I have​ a coon that I have been hunting for a week,
won't go in a havahart trap, reaches in through the wire, digs under it,
flipped it over, I have staked it down with cement bricks on all sides,
covered​ it ECT, and still it gets the bait and doesn't spring the trap, I
have a garden and soon chickens that will be 20' from where it prowls, it got
into the trap 3 times yesterday 1 time while I was running a trip line to
catch it, sneaky ******. I didn't want to but seen no other choice, so I mixed
antifreeze with the bittering​ agent, brown sugar, powdered sugar, honey,
until it was like a paste then some milk, 3 slices of bread, 1 can cat food
and half a jar of peanut butter, note I used a lot of antifreeze, about four
cups worth, they say it only tskes a couple table spoons, but hey I wanted to
make sure, I put a bowl inside the cage trap with the blended mixture, a
closed it so no cat or other animals could get it only what has been getting
all the stuff in my would be compost pile and reaching in the trap, so this
morning bowl was completely empty, so I'd say it was a success. Hopefully this
battle will be over. Good luck to anyone that does the same, ohh and throw
away anything that the antifreeze touches of course

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ze-382552-.htm