Old 23-05-2017, 04:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Pumpkin Patch

On 5/23/2017 7:21 AM, songbird wrote:
George Shirley wrote:
!@#$% grass still grows fast. I need to get out and power wash the
driveway and sidewalk as the fall rains left a light coating of black
mold on them. It's always something with houses and land.

a sprayed on bleach solution/dillution should do it
and not require power washing. let it sit and the
rains will rinse it off. i'd wonder if power washing
would remove more concrete than you'd like.

hot days are fun to play in the water anyways...
have fun!

songbird

Power washing, done properly with the proper level of power doesn't even
take off paint. Living in a humid area of the USA you learn how to do
cleaning with power washer's without destroying anything but the mold
and mildew.

I've had this electric power washer for many years and have become
somewhat expert with it. I can even wash the cars without needing soap
and muscle. When we lived in Sulphur, LA power washing was a twice a
year event due to the heavy rains and heavy dew nearly every week.

Last night and today have given us a blessing of light rains that soak
in. The gardens and the grass are perking up. Saw a dozen wild pigeons
on the power lines this morning, all huddled up close to each other.
Also saw a large group of sparrows yesterday doing the same thing.

The kumquat tree has finally bloomed heavily after loosing it's leaves
in January. The pear tree has one lonely fruit but I'm keeping an eye on
it. We lost half the fig tree to the double freezes but the remainder
has about a dozen figs on it. I found a mockingbird, aka Texas Pest
Critter, eating a fig so I netted the remnants.

Being long time home canner's we don't like to share with birds. G

George and Tilly, Dear Wife is off to teach a bunch of ladies in a
retirement home how to draw and paint.