Old 24-05-2017, 04:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default first harvest

On 05/23/2017 07:25 PM, wg_2002 wrote:
On Tue, 23 May 2017 17:43:29 -0700, T wrote:

Three garlic scapes. Oh does my breath smell pretty!

Nice first harvest. What do you use them for? Topping on a salad or do
you use them for seasoning?
My kohlrabi is about ready for harvest. The bulbs are about 4" across and
I can't wait to slice them up and eat them.

First, saying they are strong is an understatement.

I usually cook with them. If I am at home for several days
and have no risk of gassing a customer, I will eat them
raw with a piece of Gouda cheese. My eyes water.
I can only eat about 1-1/2 inch at a sitting. The whole
house stinks for days.

Fresh garden garlic is a treat beyond description!

I can't wait to dig mine up and see if they are
purple or pink. If they are purple, I have succeeded
in my battle with alkaline soil.

My plants are YUGE too! This is the first good crop in
about three years. I have a black thumb. I use to
kill everything before meeting the guys on this group.