Old 24-05-2017, 04:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
wg_2002 wg_2002 is offline

Default Sick of all this rain and lack of sunshine...

On Wed, 24 May 2017 03:38:54 +0000, wg_2002 wrote:

On Tue, 23 May 2017 20:07:29 -0700, T wrote:

On 05/23/2017 07:34 PM, wg_2002 wrote:
Anyone else in the Midwest sick of all the rain and lack of sunshine
this spring? The cool temps here aren't helping either. The high
today was 63...sigh...
My cool weather crops like onions, radishes, broccoli, and cauliflower
are suffering due to the lack of sunshine and my warm weather crops
like my peppers, cucumbers, and tomatoes are just sitting there due to
the cool night temps.

About the only thing happy in my garden right now is the four heads of
romain.

Anyone else in the Midwest going through the same thing? Because the
weather in Illinois this years really stinks!

Wait until the weeds come out! I have so many weeds this year I am
overwhelmed. (We are dead nuts on the Pineapple Express.)

All the water/snow/ice killed all but four of my potato onions.
All my garlic and onions loved it. I will make a better bed for my
onions next years that won't flood so much. I like to make them a
little recessed so that I can spot water and the water won't run off,
but it bit me this year with the Pineapple Express.

Do you have good luck sprouting pepper seeds?

My garden is on the smaller side so I'm able to tarp it with weed
barrier and the mulch it to help keep the moisture in. This setup helps
keep the weeds out too which is nice.
I tried germinating peppers from seed for the first time this year. I
was pretty happy with the results. I put 2-4 seeds per pot and got most
of them to germinate successfully. It's a crappy pic but here are my
results.http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o282/fry_daddy/
DSCF5397_zps64qfsdbm.jpg I have tomorrow off and plan on transplanting
the larger ones into the garden.

Not sure why my link came out all funky. You might have to highlight then
copy and paste it into your address bar to see my pepper pics.