Old 28-05-2017, 03:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default for a change

On 5/28/2017 7:24 AM, songbird wrote:
i planted some of the lima beans on time.

last year i was so late on planting some
things that i didn't even bother planting
lima beans. well... and i also had no
space for them that wasn't going to get
overrun by squash.

i still don't want to plant the starts
out until after the middle of this week it
is going to be cold enough at night.

i have a chance of getting some more
weeding done by then.

songbird

What is this "cold" thing? We're getting 90 + F every day now. Garden is
exploding as long as we water. Wife is off to eldest brother's 80th
birthday and won't be back until Friday. Have been watering almost daily
in the raised beds and all the other growing things. Weather folk are
claiming possible rain over next seven days. I don't understand possible
rain I just want REAL rain. G

If I can hang on a few more years I will be 80, something no other male
in my family has ever reached. Here at 77 I am leading the pack on
eldest male in family so far. Thanks to modern medicine and a good woman.

I'm using a cane now, wonder what will be next. At least I can still
garden somewhat.

Lonesome George