Old 30-05-2017, 01:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default trying to id new weed invading back yard

On 5/30/2017 8:08 AM, mike hubbard wrote:
Yes Frank we have the same weeds here in SF Bay Area, if I remember right it seeds, dies off and comes back.
It easily breaks off in segments, it's called a sticky plant we hate it a lot.

Thanks for the look. Must be nation wide as I'm in Delaware. I've had
Japanese stilt grass also invade my back yard and I think it is similar
in putting out a lot of seeds that grow anytime. Guy at nursery says
pulling stilt grass just exposes open ground to more seeds and only
solution is pre emergent with several applications.

Been trying to tame these banks for years and have to contend with deer
that even eat ivy in the winter.