Old 01-06-2017, 05:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Picking the garden

George Shirley wrote:
From the looks of things I will probably be canning tomatoes tomorrow
and probably pickling the last of the overgrown carrots. I couldn't pick
them myself as a bad back keeps me from bending or squatting. I don't
mind being old and wore out as it beats the heck out of being dead. G

being an old model railroader i have always daydreamed
of having a garden on rails/wheels/tracks, other than the
fact that i hate being disconnected from the subsoil
(which provides base nutrients and habitat for critters,
etc). but wouldn't it be nice to call up your "cars" for
the day and have them delivered to your weeding, watering
and (best of all) harvesting station?

cheers and best wishes for rain, we could use some here
too, it's not bone dry yet, but getting a bit dryer than
i'd like with all these strawberries coming on.

songbird