Old 02-06-2017, 07:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Ground Cover ID?

On Friday, June 2, 2017 at 4:02:12 AM UTC-4, Bloke Down The Pub wrote:
"Pavel314" wrote in message
Can anyone identify the plant in this picture?

http://s1346.photobucket.com/user/pa...tml?sort=3&o=0

It's a ground cover plant in our front yard. The leaves are white in the
center and dark green around the edges, about two inches long. They have
bunches of purple flowers on the end of the stalks and are about 4"-6"
high.

Paul

Bearing in mind I have no idea what I am doing, most of the time, the leaves
on that give the impression of a begonia.

Mike

A lot more googling around answered the question; they're called lamium. We have a bed of them under the big oak tree out front, and I was going to transplant a few to the gully along the road, where I can't mow. Unfortunately, they don't grow well in direct sunlight, so that wouldn't work.

Paul