Old 04-06-2017, 12:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Overwhelmed by Cauliflower!

On 6/3/2017 5:22 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
We had a mild winter in Maryland this year so my wife got a lot of plants out to the garden earlier than usual. The cauliflower found this very encouraging and they're producing like crazy. We have purple and white varieties, plus the Romanesco broccoli is producing much better than usual.

http://s1346.photobucket.com/user/pa...tml?sort=3&o=0

Plus the strawberry bed I put in last year is producing very well. I plan on making a batch of strawberry champagne.

Paul

It's easy to pickle, blanch and freeze and some even can it. I only like
cauliflower as pickles and raw in salads, wife likes it any way she can
get it.

We had a large crop of cauliflower a few years ago, I think there's till
some of it in the freezer.

Right now we're picking three kinds of tomatoes nearly every day, the
carrots are now out of the ground, the sweet chilies are loaded. The
cukes are making but the green beans and squash are slow.

High temp today in Houston area was right at 90 on my repeating
thermometer. Thanks for air conditioning.

George