Old 04-06-2017, 07:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Overwhelmed by Cauliflower!

Pavel314 wrote:
We had a mild winter in Maryland this year so my wife got a lot of plants out to the garden earlier than usual. The cauliflower found this very encouraging and they're producing like crazy. We have purple and white varieties, plus the Romanesco broccoli is producing much better than usual.

yum, i love any form of it i've ever had.

http://s1346.photobucket.com/user/pa...tml?sort=3&o=0

Plus the strawberry bed I put in last year is producing very well. I plan on making a batch of strawberry champagne.

make some freezer jam. i add a little extra
lemon juice. makes great gifts and also just
great eating in the middle of winter. also,
try freezing some berries for shortcakes later.

i never know what the weather and animals are
going to do here, but strawberries are one of
those crops that i love because they are an
early fruit and so fragrant and tasty. the
hardest parts for some people is getting enough
light and keeping the animals from eating them.
i just keep on planting more of them as i like
them as a cover crop too. they can generate
a lot of extra organic matter.

songbird