Old 07-06-2017, 05:56 AM
compo77 compo77 is offline
Registered User

Question Looking to start organic gardening, help

Hello Garden banter forum,

As you guys can see from the title I am looking into getting some edible organic fruits and vegs on the go. I'm not much of a gardener and this will be my first attempt so I thought it was best to find some information before jumping into the compost.

I have read online that the best compost is your own compost made out of dead leaves, twigs and veg peels. So it makes sense if my first step was to make some compost but how do you go about doing it?? I understand so far the above and that you have to mix it with soil and water then leave it for a few moths, before you know it you have compost. There must be more to it than this?? any help would be greatly appreciated.

So, once I have my compost, what would be the best veggies to grow in September in England? It will be getting rather cold so they will have to be winter veggies?. Even know it's not really a veg I thought that potatoes seem to be an easy start? but really I want things like tomatoes, eggplant, chilies and things like this.

Really looking forward to speaking with you guys and getting my small organic garden started! All help really appreciated.

Thanks