Old 14-06-2017, 01:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Yippee! Violet garlic!

On 06/13/2017 04:15 AM, songbird wrote:
T wrote:
Yippee! I am making progress finally!

Thank you all for helping me get there.

y.w. hope the current garden season
goes well!

songbird

Hi Songbird,

So far so good.

I learned that when the seed company puts "overfilled
do to low germination", they really mean it.

I am looking at a bumper crop of garlic, shallots,
and radishes.

The tomatoes are still struggling. I have one tine cherry
tomatoes the size of a lentil.

My Chimayo and Sandia peppers have finally spouted.

My Zukes are about three inches tall and developing
new leaves.

My Choke Cherry (4) and Goji Berry (4) have started
to develop leaves. My Goji berry stems are bend
over from the weight of all the new leaves. Maybe
some berries this fall?

I have Purslane spouts all over the place. And the
radishes are growing like crazy!

And the earwigs are few and are not attacking anything
this season. I still kill them when I find them.

Next stop, wait for the over winter squash bugs to fly
in, catch them copulating, kill them and their eggs.
Then I will be done with them for the season.

Thank you again for all the help! I wait stories of
your harvest!

-T