Old 16-06-2017, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pond Irises

On 16/06/2017 17:04, Ian wrote:
Hi All,

I've got some irises in my pond. They grow well enough, perhaps two feet
tall, but they don't flower well. Most of them don't flower at all, if
they do, then they put out plenty of buds, but then the buds turn
crinkly and don't open properly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bikvkjfue1...47_01.jpg?dl=0

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Think it may just be bad luck with the weather, our native yellow iris
doesnt hold its flowers very long and if the weather is wet and windy
they can come and go in a day, similarly if its very hot.

2' tall is very short, have they got enough root space?

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall