Old 20-06-2017, 07:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Yippee! Violet garlic!

On 06/17/2017 09:05 AM, songbird wrote:
And the earwigs are few and are not attacking anything
this season. I still kill them when I find them.
don't kill all of them, if you want a
natural system you want to make sure some
are left that the predators have food.

They are not in danger of extinction. I can only get
at a few percent.:'(

i'm guessing as your soil community improves
you'll see fewer of them. i see a few here or
there, but something else must be eating them
because i don't ever see them in large numbers.
perhaps frogs, toads and snakes like 'em?

I read somewhere that when they over populate and get
really hungry, they start attacking sprouts and leaves
and everything they can get their mouths around.

This year they are really well behaved