Old 07-08-2017, 04:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Rain, and lots of it

On 8/7/2017 7:45 AM, George Shirley wrote:
Looks like we have been graced with the gardeners blessing of a gentle
rain and a little thunder and lightning.

I don't remember the last time it rained here but it is coming down
pretty good now. Maybe our water and electric bills will go down to
usual again.

Peeked out at the garden and the cantaloupes seem to have gotten
bigger overnight and the tomatoes are blooming again. Haven't looked
out front yet but I would bet that the pear tree is perking up and Our
Lady's flowers are too. Rain in August in Texas is a true blessing for
gardeners.

George

I guess Ma Nature thought I was trying to one-up her . I started
watering a couple of weeks ago and we're back in the pattern of rain
every 3 or 4 days again . Okra and cukes are going great guns , 'maters
have a lot of fruit on them but none ripe yet . Got a few of what I
think are butternut squash on the vines but no pumpkins or acorns yet .
And one lonely little straight neck summer squash ...

--

Snag