Old 10-09-2017, 11:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Blue Pumpkins

On 9/10/2017 1:54 PM, songbird wrote:
Pavel314 wrote:
Our two varieties of blue pumpkins both ripened this past week. The big, lumpy ones in back are Blue Hubbard squash and the more pumpkin-shaped ones in front are Queensland Blue. They weigh about 11 pounds and 9 pounds, respectively.

http://s1346.photobucket.com/user/pa...tml?sort=3&o=0

About half of the patch is picked but a few varieties are still growing.

i usually pick everything later rather than sooner.
we have sunny and warm weather the rest of the week
at least that is what the forecast is saying. squash
can wait while we get the tomatoes and peppers done
and i get caught up on a project while the sun is
shining.

but the past few evenings we've had temps down into
the 30s now so things are getting the message to finish
up soon.

some beans are still green/growing/flowering and i'm
surprised the pepper plants are not pouting about the
cold and seem to be doing ok today.

songbird

And I was just complaining to the boss lady about getting up to low
sixties in the morning. I could not live where it got below that. Spent
some time in the frozen north as a young man and learned quickly I am
not made for anywhere it freezes. Brr!!

George