Old 11-09-2017, 03:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Blue Pumpkins

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 9:09:14 PM UTC-4, JBurns wrote:
On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 13:45:14 -0500, George Shirley
wrote:

On 9/10/2017 1:03 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
Our two varieties of blue pumpkins both ripened this past week. The big, lumpy ones in back are Blue Hubbard squash and the more pumpkin-shaped ones in front are Queensland Blue. They weigh about 11 pounds and 9 pounds, respectively.

http://s1346.photobucket.com/user/pa...tml?sort=3&o=0

About half of the patch is picked but a few varieties are still growing.

Paul

They sure don't look appetizing with that gray coloring. I don't eat
much pumpkin or squash anyway but it looks like a good, big crop. I
wonder what a pumpkin pie would look like from one of those. G

George

I have never eaten the lumpy one, but Queensland Blue is a delicious
pumpkin, very orange and intensely flavoured, especially when roasted.

JB

Thanks for the input; my wife will be interested in roasting them.

Paul