Old 12-09-2017, 05:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Gardeners Birthday gift help needed

On 9/11/2017 11:44 PM, BanterBen wrote:
Hello, Garden Banter forum thanks for the add!

I am here today because it's my mums birthday coming in about 6 weeks
and I'm in need of a little advice on what to get her. She pretty much
lives in the garden, every time I go to visit if it's not raining she's
out there. She plants so there are flowers all year round and never has
a dull garden.

Anyway, in terms of buying her a gift, So far I have ordered her a cake
which there will be an example picture at the bottom, I have planned for
the family to get together at her favourite restaurant, not I'm in need
of a little inspiration from you guys the pro gardeners themselves for a
gift. What would you like as a gift from your son? is there something
you use in the garden often that needs replacing?

Looking forward to some replies if there is anything I have missed
please comment below and I will get back to you all.

Thanks
Sorry, How do you add photos?

I really prefer to buy my own plants and supplies. However, my wife
gave me a great gift several years ago. Variously called a stepbench,
kneeler, seat, etc, you can see and read about it at
http://www.rossde.com/garden/tools.html#stepbench. While this
particular brand might not be available in the UK, you are likely to
find something similar at a well-stocked garden center.

One other item might be a set of well-tuned wind chimes. This is
something I requested, and my wife bought me. Mine are baratone. They
were available in soprano through bass. Very well constructed, they
have been hangin in my back yard for quite a few years without requiring
any repairs.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see