Old 02-10-2017, 03:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default october already!

Frank wrote:
I'm into chestnut season. I don't save as many but like to shell and
freeze to use with stuffing turkey. I'll chomp on them in the evening
with a glass of wine but they last less than 2 months in the
refrigerator as they do not keep like fatty nuts such as peanuts.

i didn't think there were any of those
trees still around any longer?

I hate to leave them for the deer and the squirrels and saturate my
friends with them. Invited neighbors over today to pick up as much as
they wanted.

in the days before the fungi they were a major
source of fodder for animals in the forest and
many people would let pigs run to fatten up and
then...

songbird