Old 13-10-2017, 07:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default What is a good overwinter onion?

On 10/13/2017 06:17 AM, Pavel314 wrote:
On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 10:03:46 AM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 10/11/2017 05:01 PM, wrote:
Our growing season is from June to October.
Do you start many vegies indoors?

I try to in the garage, but I need a growing lamp.
I can't gown in the house as a member of my family
is super sensitive to the molds in dirt.

Have you tried making a cold frame? I made some by attaching left-over polycarbonate from the greenhouse construction to 2X2 frames. They're 3' by 4' by 1.5' high. My wife uses them to start plants outdoors early in the season when it's too cold for them to grow unprotected; they work very well. In the linked picture, they're the white cubes out in the garden.

http://s1346.photobucket.com/user/pa...tml?sort=3&o=0

Paul

I am not sure I am up to it. I have zero spare time between
the business and the family.

We also have hurricane force 1 winds. Two years ago, up to 130 MPH.
Leaves blew into chain link fences and made them solid, blowing them
across the highways.