Old 18-10-2017, 05:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Am I the only one?

On 10/18/2017 10:59 AM, T wrote:
Hi All,

I have been prepping my beds for over winter planting.
Means I add peat moss, fertilizer, and turn the soil.
In the process, I pick out and toss rocks I missed
the prior season.

Each rock, I examine to see if it is a piece of gold.
Yes, wishful thinking.Â* I can't help myself.Â* Am I
the only one that does this?

-T

Yes, I am 12 years old!Â* Or was.

We live in the Houston, Texas area, we seldom have a very cold winter,
so, we continue to garden over the winter. We still have sweet peppers
producing that were planted last March. That being said they won't last
much longer due to temps getting down into the low fifties already and
there may be some freezes on the way. Still, we are now at 62F and are
expecting 82 by mid afternoon.

I can laugh at the finding gold, one of my uncles, in California and
Colorado, took me gold hunting a couple of times. Had fairly good
results panning in a river in California, I got about two ounces of gold
dust, which didn't sell for much when I was a young teen. Also helped my
uncle one summer at the Colorado mine. It was hard rock, pick axe,
mining into the rock. Gold back then, as now is going along with the
value of the US dollar, which isn't much anymore. But gold is still gold
so go for it. If you stop hoping you might as well quit.

George, woke some good memories, all the elders of my family have been
long gone and I miss them.