Old 19-10-2017, 03:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Am I the only one?

T wrote:
Hi All,

I have been prepping my beds for over winter planting.
Means I add peat moss, fertilizer, and turn the soil.
In the process, I pick out and toss rocks I missed
the prior season.

Each rock, I examine to see if it is a piece of gold.
Yes, wishful thinking. I can't help myself. Am I
the only one that does this?

Yes, I am 12 years old! Or was.

i don't have such rocks here, but in
many of the gardens i have crushed limestone
pieces or pea gravel that has migrated into
the gardens via different means and so i will
pick them up and put them back into the
pathway where they came from or if it is a
particularly interesting rock (fossil or good
color or pattern) i'll keep it for the
collection.

similar to sorting beans, odd colors and
patterns get sorted into their own little
piles.

p.s. i would not put fertilizer on soil that
doesn't have something actively growing. you
don't want valueable stuff to wash away or
get soaked in past the root zone of the plants
that might use it.

songbird