Old 07-11-2017, 10:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Where is everyone?

On 11/7/2017 4:21 PM, T wrote:
On 11/07/2017 05:23 AM, George Shirley wrote:
Surely we Texan's are not the only gardeners still gardening! We are
still getting warm days here in early November. Today at 0710 the
temperature is 72F and expected to rise to 82F.

Ball and chain around my leg updating computers.

In the words of Bugs Bunny, "It's a living"

I got my first computer in 1982, and fell in love with them. I used to
be a high speed typist before the days of strokes, could get 145 letters
a minute. Now, with fingers I can't feel very good I still get 20 or 30
words a minute and sometimes more.

That old Osborne One was a decent machine and then came along all the
really fast stuff that was smarter than some of my kin folk. G The O1
did good duty overseas working and we got the letters off on company
planes back to the states so our get could hear what we were doing. That
and two vacations a year kept us close to our kids, and later with our
first grands, who are now in their thirties. Time does fly.

Some of the folks I worked with overseas worked on computers bigger than
the house I live in. Since I was the top dog in safety I would inspect
the computer building. Mostly because it was really air conditioned and
learned a lot of stuff about computers, probably more than I needed. G

I don't miss the days of walking around in chemical plants and
refineries and even offices. I don't miss fighting fires, gas releases,
and wearing all that protective gear. I do miss getting to see the
latest and greatest stuff like computers, etc. when they first come out.

Heck, when I was a young fellow and learned how to use typewriters that
mystified my folks I thought it was great, at least it beat a fountain
pen or a pencil. I just wonder what else is coming down the pipe that my
grands, and great grands will get wide eyed and want one of them just
for me.

Keep working on the electronics T, we're going to need all of them.