Old 21-11-2017, 09:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Muggles[_3_] Muggles[_3_] is offline

Default Correct spelling: "veggie" or "vegie"?

On 11/21/2017 1:55 PM, wrote:
Aussies seem to always have small nuances in the spellings. English background.

However, is it Piza or Pizza?

Veg are you thinking Vedge or Vek ?

I don't see or hear Vedge in the spelling of Veg,

I see the short version of the "g" As in Peg.

So Vegie Sounds like Ve-Ghee not Vedgie, to me....

I have always seen and spelled it as Veggies, until I got to Australia, who spell a lot of things differently from my upbringing in the USA.

I am reading a book from an Australian, and Vegies just looks wrong to me.

Spell it any way you want as long as you don't forget to serve them up
at dinnertime!

--
Maggie