Old 22-11-2017, 06:13 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ant Ant is offline

Default What is this fruit(?) found last week under these plants found ina Southern CA(lifornia) rural home area?

On 11/19/2017 12:31 PM, wrote:

http://imgur.com/a/L9LD1

Are they safe to eat?
Thank you in advance.

Chayote. I've never had it, but the flavor's supposed to be along the lines of
a weak pear. Its actually a vegetable and not a fruit, as it grows on a vine
and is part of the squash family.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chayote

According to
https://www.reddit.com/r/plants/comments/7e23yh/what_is_this_fruit_found_last_week_under_these/dq1vaxn/'s
comment, Araujia Sericifera's fruits is toxic.
--
"What, like I had to live with all those ants? Do you know what I did to
those ants? HoooHooo! No more ants!" --unknown