Old 22-11-2017, 04:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default What is this fruit(?) found last week under these plants found ina Southern CA(lifornia) rural home area?

On 11/21/2017 9:13 PM, Ant wrote:
On 11/19/2017 12:31 PM, wrote:

http://imgur.com/a/L9LD1

Are they safe to eat?
Thank you in advance.

Chayote. I've never had it, but the flavor's supposed to be along the lines of
a weak pear. Its actually a vegetable and not a fruit, as it grows on a vine
and is part of the squash family.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chayote

According to
https://www.reddit.com/r/plants/comments/7e23yh/what_is_this_fruit_found_last_week_under_these/dq1vaxn/'s
comment, Araujia Sericifera's fruits is toxic.

The link as presented by Thunderbird is 404. I even tried removing the
"'s", but that did not help. Then I tried removing mo "/'s". That
worked. In the future, please comply with RFC 3986 (Appendix C) by
bracketing URIs in text (as I do in my signature below for the URI to my
Web site).

--
David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/

Am I the only one who noticed the following?
* President Trump issued executive orders
that increase health-care costs.
* The Republicans in Congress propose to
eliminate itemized deductions for
health-care costs.