Old 09-01-2018, 05:55 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default borer resistant squish

On 01/08/2018 06:05 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 17:15:24 -0800, T wrote:

On 01/07/2018 10:10 PM, songbird wrote:
i would not be too surprised if
it is similar in nutrition as zukes or any of
the other summer squash.

You are correct. All summer squash are basically the
same. Winter squash, on the other hand, are toxic to
diabetics.

Please stop your nonsense.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutriti...winter-squash/

Hi Boron,

I read what the guy said about winter squash in your link.
I am sorry, but what an idiot.

I am not risking my feet falling off.

Here are some numbers for Acorn squash:

Squash, winter, acorn, cooked, baked, without salt:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2645/2

Here is his example of Butternut Squash that he touted
for diabetics:

Squash, winter, butternut, cooked, baked, without salt

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2648/2

1 cups cubes (205g)
Glycemic load 8
Total Carbohydrate 21.5g

For a T2 Diabetic, here are the rules:

Glycemic load: 10 total per day
carbs: 15 max per meal (7 for hard cases, no borrowing)
60 total per day (30 for hard cases)

To heal from Carbohydrate Poisoning (T2 Diabetes), you have
to return to some semblance of what our ancestors ate.
That would be Primal or Paleo of somewhere in between.

For a Drug Free Diabetic or any diabetic for that matter,
you'd be an absolute fool to eat winter squash. Humans
are not designed to eat anything that has been artificially
hybridized to contain unnatural level of carbohydrates
NOT FOUND in nature.

After you get over the carbohydrate addiction,
your taste returns and the food is so good you have to
be careful not to eat too much. (I was up to 4000 calories
a day!)

Or you can stay addicted and go the carb and drug route.
The medical establishment and Big Parma makes a ton
of money off of T2 committing suicide on the installment
programs.

The conflict of interest is something to behold.
You saw a good example of it in the link you sent me,
especially the part about a low glycemic load.
The writer of that article should be ashamed of themselves.

I am three years drug free. I am thriving, not just
surviving.

-T