Old 08-02-2018, 01:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default FODMAP

Frank wrote:
Thought group might be interested in this:

https://cen.acs.org/articles/96/i6/t...-syndrome.html

Fortunately I do not have this problem as a lot of good stuff is on the
bad list.

yeah...

i wonder how much they've studied this in combination
with looking at how much complex fiber a person is
getting.

i know for myself that certain dietary things have
helped a lot over the years, but most of my short-term
issues were coming from commercial meats (chicken and
ground stuff). i solved about 80% of my gut episodes
from that alone. the remaining things seem to have
responded well to increasing fiber (fruits, veggies,
beans and whole grains).

i'm very glad i don't have dairy intolerances and
some other things (i really like whole milk plain
yogurt, cheese and once in a while we have ice-cream).

the tomato sensitivity is the one that has come on
the past four years and that's the worst as we really
love tomatoes and almost all our traditional dishes
have tomatoes in them. once in a while i have some
anyways and pay the price...

songbird