Old 10-02-2018, 12:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
david david is offline

Default diffrence between rotary tiller and rotavator

On 09/02/2018 21:58, Chris Green wrote:
David wrote:
On 09/02/2018 21:07, R. Daneel Olivaw wrote:
On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 20:46:12 +0000, Vir Campestris
wrote:

"MTD Products own the WOLF-Garten brand internationally and are
responsible for the production and distribution of the garden hand tool
and powered products.

FWIW, MTD bought out the nearly bankrupt Troy-Bilt brand several years
ago. I'm hearing that their version of the highly regarded rototiller
isn't nearly as durable as the ones made in Troy, New York, USA. My
vintage one is NOT for sale!
Semi-related: My parents had a neighbor who tilled their garden each
spring with a Howard. What a monster!

---
http://www.avg.com

I have to assume that when you say they tilled their garden with a
Howard you meant a Howard gem.
They made several models such as the Bantam
https://picclick.co.uk/old-Howard-ba...823160159.html

... and they were (are?) all beasts! When I was a young man we had a
Howard Bantam and I just about managed to control it. I now have a
Howard Gem (I think that's what it is) and the experience is *very*
similar to what I remember with the Bantam! :-)

I started to use a Bantam when I was about 12 years of age, never had
real problems and that was on clay.
Started using a Gem when I was around 17, commercially.