Old 20-02-2018, 10:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default I got a surprise with my potted mini-rose

On 02/17/2018 02:17 PM, Muggles wrote:
On Valentine's day, my husband bought me a potted miniature rose. It
had white blossoms with a pink flush to the petals. I put it in my
bathroom under the skylight on the shelf, and it is doing fine.

This morning, two days later, I got into the bathroom and found a
hitchhiker slithering on the carpet floor between the sink and tub area.
It was a common grey garden snake that was about 7 inches in length!
At first, I thought it was an earthworm that had come out of the dirt,
but then it moved and raised it head up looking at me looking at it!

EGADS! It's not an earthworm! How do I catch the thing? LOL Well, I
finally caught it after it tried to get away a few times, and I put it
in a jar to get a better look at it. Yep ... its a baby grey garden snake.

I ended up taking it to my daughters house because she home schools and
the oldest granddaughter wanted to document all the details for her own
curiosity sake. She was more excited about documenting it than I was
when I found it crawling on my bathroom floor.

Part of me wonders if it really found its way out of that mini-rose pot,
or if it got in some other way!?

Hi Maggie,

Your poor husband!!!!

You can soak this for years. "You bought me a snake for
Valentine's day! I am not even an ex-wife!" Poor guy
won't know what hit him. When he starts to stutter
"but, but, but ...", give him a hug and tell him you
will eventually forget, in about 20 years so and next
year's better not be a cactus.

Tell your husband I said "Oh Dude!"

-T