Old 26-02-2018, 03:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Bird Seed in Compost?

On 2/25/2018 6:30 PM, wrote:
You know how the bird seed accumulates on the bottom of the Avery is it ok to ad to compost

Unless your compost gets very hot, I would not include seeds. The seeds
might sprout and give you never-ending weeds. Unfortunately, most home
compost piles do not get hot enough to "cook" seeds.

--
David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/

President Trump: Please stop using Twitter. We need
to hear your voice and see you talking. We need to know
when your message is really your own and not your attorney's.