Old 11-03-2018, 04:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default A berry good plan ?

Â* We had a pretty nice strawberry patch until I let the grass get
started . It soon overwhelmed the berries ... I considered using some
black plastic as a weed/grass barrier , but was told that it wasn't a
good idea for long-term . So I was out rearranging bee equipment and saw
that roll of landscape fabric I bought to use as part of my cellar
drainage system and thought it might work better . Put the fabric down
and cover with mulch , poke holes for the plants and runners as they
appear .Â* The patch I want to use has been tilled , I was going to put
lettuce/salad stuff there but ... That damn grass has been my biggest
problem , I think I might be getting the upper hand with a combination
of burning it when it's dry and covering the garden with straw mulch .
I'll be getting everything together over the next few days , will amend
the soil as suggested by the report , till the amendments in , and cover
immediately with a thick layer of straw .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on