Old 18-03-2018, 06:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Foiling Bugs and Bambi

On 3/18/2018 1:44 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* Well , for sure Bugs and maybe Bambi . Just finished redoing the
fencing around the garden . I had to rework it to include the bee
hives , I moved them to the far end of the garden since the wife
thought them too close to the deck . The "new" fence is 2" chicken
wire at the bottom , 18" high across the front ant one side , 24" for
the rest . That leaves 6" laying flat on the ground to the outside to
discourage digging under . That's topped by 3 strands of electric
fencing , at 2" , 12" and 24" above the top edge of the chicken wire .
If the dog's reaction (last fall , t'was accidental) is any guide ,
Bambi won't want a second taste of the fence .

Â* Things is beginnin' to pop around here , the bees are building up
for the spring flow , seedlings are (mostly) coming along nicely , and
we're getting just about the right amount of rain at the right time .
Got 29 strawberry plants in the ground with landscape fabric as a weed
barrier , 2 kinds of lettuce , bok choi , and green onions in the
ground and well mulched with straw and preps for the rest coming along
. I sure hope this is the year for outrageously huge crops , the wife
thinks I need to just give up since the production has been so abysmal
the last couple of years ...

Â* Guess I shoulda made it clear I was referring to Bugs BUNNY ...

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on