Old 23-04-2018, 02:26 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default So far so good

Terry Coombs wrote:

Â* Put all my tomato seedlings in the ground yesterday using the
"posthole" method . UsedÂ* my post hole digger to make the holes , worked
great . So far , they all look pretty good , nobody is layin' on the
ground wailing for a safe place or a coloring book ... Looks like
Tuesday will be my next opportunity to plant seedlings , it got rainy .
Temps are pretty decent though , which is what helped me decide to plant
the 'maters .

still too cold here at night. but the trend is
finally nice enough. tomorrows forecast is for 70F
and sunny. Tuesday rain. all night-time temperatures
are above 34F for the next week for first time this
spring. if i get another two weeks of gradual warming
i may risk planting some peas.

in all of the years of transplanting tomatoes i don't
recall losing many, if any at all. they seem to be
pretty hardy plants as long as it doesn't get too cold.

songbird