Old 25-04-2018, 12:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default So far so good

On 4/25/2018 5:27 AM, songbird wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* I watch the forecast closely now . One year I took it for granted the
"last frost date" was gospel . Planted based on that date and all my
tomatoes got frosted . Had to replace about a third of them with store
bought shudder seedlings . I did buy some seedlings this year , but my
source is all heirloom and minimal chemicals . On another note , I have
a partial roll of stock fencing that in conjunction with the 3 fence
posts I have left over should make a pretty nice trellis for those
greasy beans . I think this year I'm going to set up something for the
field peas to climb instead of letting them ramble all over the ground .
I still haven't got everything mapped out where what goes , gotta work
on that , make sure I still have room .

we started talking yesterday about what we want to
plant where. i never really know exactly what will
happen because what we plan on getting and what we
end up with can often change.

finally going to see some 70s this coming week.

songbird

I planted most of the center section yesterday . Four rows about 2 feet
apart and 40 feet long , one is half white greasy beans and half red
rippers , a third of the other three are given over to vine stuff , one
was finished out with all the peppers and two have 2/3 left for later
stuff . Okra for instance won't germ until it warms up more , and I'm
not sure what else I'll plant .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on