Old 28-04-2018, 03:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default My first squash bug

Hi All,

Wednesday, it was hot (~80F) and dry and lots of
sunlight, so perfect for spraying my hordes of weeds
with vinegar. I put six gallons down.

Well, now, up from the depths of a weeds canopy comes
lumbering up, off all things, a squash bug. He is now
deceased (death by shoe).

Here is the fun part, I don't even plant my squash
seeds until the third week in May. Maybe the rest of them
will starve to death in the mean time?

death to squash bugs
death to earwigs
death to weeds

-T

Oh, ya, he was probably an over winter bug, so
not much change a few more weeks will stave them.
And it is cool again, so their metabolisms will
probably shut down again.