Old 12-05-2018, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Advice on seedings please

On 12/05/18 08:51, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 11/05/18 21:36, kerrygirl wrote:
Thanks David for replying, I actually didn't know, how does it work
then?

You send a message to the GardenBanter forum through your internet
browser (internet explorer, firefox, safari, etc). The Gradenbanter
software automatically sends your message to uk.rec.gardening, or
another such as rec.garden. These are newsgroups, which you can read
more than you need to know about he
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet_newsgroup

Someone accessing the newsgroup answers your question, and this answer
is automatically picked up by GardenBanter and appears in it. Those
using GardenBanter probably assume someone has answered the question
using GardenBanter itself. But if you look closely at the answer, you
will see under the name of the person who answered the words "external
usenet poster". That is where we come in...

This is happening all the time with the xxxxxxxxxBanter forums. They
still get the use of advertising, but get answers to questions from
usenet newsgroups (which are free and don't use advertising).

In fact, it's even worse. I see that ALL posts to this newsgroup find
their way into GardenBanter, even if there is no direct access to it
using a browser, and all communication is through a news client such as
Thunderbird.

--

Jeff