Old 16-05-2018, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
david david is offline

Default Dying Laurel Hedge

On 16/05/2018 11:47, Ron6a wrote:
I have a well established, large Laurel hedge that suddenly seems to be
dying off.
I have googled it and it may be waterlogging, as we have had 'plenty' of
rain recently. I can see no sign of infections of any kind.

Do you think it will recover or is it a 'gonner'?

|Filename: 014.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16652|
|Filename: 015.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16653|
|Filename: 017.JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16654|

If the 3rd picture is current then you have nothing to worry about, you
have lots of new growth coming, cut out the dead wood as low as you can,
as Charlie said it's not unusual for them to do that.
David@the sunny side of Swansea Bay