Old 18-05-2018, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Spacing vegetables

In article ,
Roger Tonkin wrote:

Yes I used to do similar, but the current question is what
spacing should I give between a row of peas (18" between rows)
and a row of sprouts next to them (30" between rows)!

As much as you need for access, for weeding, staking, picking etc.
Sprouts need 30" only if very vigorous - and, anyway, they don't
really get to full size before peas eaten green are gone. I use
18" regardless, but need to be careful what I put next to what,
to avoid one 'row' overpowering its neighbours.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.