Old 21-05-2018, 01:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Ping songbird

On 5/21/2018 7:06 AM, songbird wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
... greasy germination rate...
Â* I got around 80% or better . Some didn't come up so I replanted ,
some of those didn't either , so it may not be just the seeds . For sure
I'll get enough to eat some and save seed .

i have plenty more. with my recent gains in pole
beans in my collection i'm skipping growing any greasy
beans this year so i can get the new ones grown out.

i have one bean where the guy only had one left so
i'm a bit nervous about growing it, i have some wire
mesh to put around it to make sure the chipmunks
leave it alone.

I got the chicken pen pretty
much completed , just the area where I'm putting the door left to do .

it's nice to get done with something. i hope
it goes well.

was happy last night to have the largest wall done,
but my hands and arm were sore from trowelling glue.
i'm not sure i can get the other three walls mostly
done today, but i'll try. the real fun will be
doing all the cuts. i don't have a simple snap tile
cutter so i'll have to spend more time with a wet tub
tile saw and a diamond blade. going to take a lot
more time. tempted to try to score with a glass
cutter and snap them myself, might be able to get
that to work instead.

songbird

Â* They make a hand held version that uses a cutter wheel and snapping
thingy . Under 20 bucks when I bought mine , but that was last century
.... If you're careful with getting a good score you can snap them over a
3/16" dowel laid across a piece of carpet padding . Lay a strip of wood
over narrow cuts to spread the force out over the length . If I had a
nickel for every piece of tile I installed I'd have one gigantic pile of
nickels ... I have one of those wet tub saws , and would rather use it
for nicer cuts - my big tile cutter also dates from last century .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on