Old 21-05-2018, 04:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default Ping songbird

In article ,
songbird wrote:

i don't have a simple snap tile
cutter so i'll have to spend more time with a wet tub
tile saw and a diamond blade. going to take a lot
more time. tempted to try to score with a glass
cutter and snap them myself, might be able to get
that to work instead.

I have a set of carbide tile nippers. Useless waste of money, and score
and snap has never worked all that well for me either (indeed, i think I
bought the nippers to fix where the break went despite the line.)

I work **faster** and waste a lot less tile with a dry diamond blade
(I'd use a wet one, it would be less messy, but at the time I needed one
the dry blade was a heck of a lot cheaper than a wet saw, and works in a
tool I already own, albeit it makes a mess and requires a bunch of dust
gear.) Wet saws are cheaper now, but the dry blade I already own is less
money than a cheap new wet one.