Old 26-05-2018, 03:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default may get some plants in soon

Terry Coombs wrote:
Well you better hurry up , or you May find it's already June ...

we have plants, some of the perennials got planted this
morning. have to get the hoses run to the garden and will
be ready to plant the veggies. really hot and humid today.
i really need a break, but i'm not going to get it.

Mom was out there this morning trying to get ahead of the
heat, but it is so humid already. i'm not sure what we'll
actually get done today. not too many to plant, but it all
takes time. onions, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes. beans
i'll start in on next week.

finished up tile yesterday on ceiling so now let it dry
for a few days and then grout. will be glad to have it
done.

I have
'maters that are almost 3 feet tall now , the lettuce patch has kicked
into high gear , and a couple of days ago I planted some anaheim pepper
seedlings I got from the co-op . They are also doing well - I've never
been able to grow these from seed , whether planted out or started in
trays .

the only thing three feet by this time is the ditch
grass. alfalfa is up about a foot and a half. clematis
are up about that too, but they grow fast up the trellises.

And the bees are blowin' up , I'll be checking them today to see
if they need more storage space . Also be looking for queen cells from
the last splits , with an eye to starting a couple more colonies . Those
will probably need to be fed , since the spring nectar flow is going to
be coming to an end soon .

need to get some buckwheat in a few weeks ago as it
would be flowering within a month's time. you can plow
it under later. good cover crop. i use it for smothering
weeds or keeping the weed population down.

songbird