Old 27-05-2018, 01:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default may get some plants in soon

On 5/26/2018 11:17 PM, songbird wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
...re buckwheat...
Â* Well , you gotta remember we're a little south of you ... and I have
some buckwheat seed , planned to try and establish a patch that will
self-seed .

critters eat most of it and the seeds, you may
get volunteer wandering plants here or there from
them but don't expect a large stand. at least i
have not ever gotten them to do that here...

Not only is it good forage for the bees , but it attracts
deer ... which is one reason I'm planting it somewhere other than in or
near the garden .

yes, the deer, rabbits, etc. all seem to like it.

I was going to tile the bathroom and kitchen floors
here , but my wife thinks she'd prefer hardwood . I'll be using the Good
Stuff , prefinished solid oak .

if you go that route, make a "no outdoors shoes in the house"
rule, and have a splash guard on the floor around the sink/fridge
area. will save a ton of wear and tear and cover for dropping
or leaking things. our wood floors are over 20yrs old and still
on original finish and doing ok. it gets dusted once in a while.
oh, and of course, all heavy stuff/chairs/etc. must have footies
to keep them from ruining the floor too. i love wood floors,
carpets are so gross to me in comparison. dogs and cats are not
all that compatible with wood floors IMO.

songbird

Â* A large dog that likes to play rough is my biggest concern ... I'm
afraid he'll scratch up the finish with his claws . Some games will have
to be reserved for places where we have area rugs .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on