Old 28-05-2018, 05:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default may get some plants in soon

T wrote:
songbird wrote:
T wrote:
songbird wrote:
purselane starting up yet?

One little tiny sprout!

ours are just starting to show up, millions more i'm
sure.

i was hoping to get some beans planted today but
with last night's heavy rain and more rain this morning
i'm going to take the next two days off. forecast is
for 91F both days.

gardens planted yesterday morning is good enough start
for me. normally we plant about this time and then i
fill in any gaps with beans into early or even mid-June
anyways.

songbird

There has been a thunderstorm every day for the past week
here too. Everything is pretty muddy.

I planted a bunch of radish seeds and onion seeds:

Imai Early Yellow Onion:
http://www.kitazawaseed.com/seed_135-96.html

Bora King, Hybrid Korean Radish (purple):
http://www.kitazawaseed.com/seed_489-114.html

Big Time, Hybrid Korean Radish (white) (had larger blue seeds ):
http://www.kitazawaseed.com/seed_419-114.html

Four radish sprouted and zero onions. Me thinks I
need a different supplier.

:'(

when did you plant them?

radishes here are coming back from seeds dropped by
previous plants so i've not had to reseed them. same
for turnips. i'm going to have to teach Mom to not
weed them out because she wants to weed the garden
they are in. i also have strawberry plants in there
she'll need to leave alone and not trample. it may
be a challenge more than she has patience for. we'll
see...

On the other hand, the potato onions I over wintered
and going great guns. And the garlic never died
off over winter.

here for the garlic it depends upon snow cover and
when i get them planted. if later in the fall the
garlic won't be up until spring, but if it is the
previous existing garlic or planted earlier it can
stay green all winter, but that also depends upon the
snow cover. too bare and too cold means the leaves
will eventually give up, but they'll regrow once it
gets warmer again. i have tons of garlic i'm still
trying to weed out of a larger garden. still haven't
been able to get back to that project. too many
other things with higher priority going on...

songbird