Old 29-05-2018, 12:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default may get some plants in soon

T wrote:
On 05/27/2018 09:03 PM, songbird wrote:
when did you plant them?

I planted the onion seeds in the fall. They are suppose
to "over winter" and love cold and ice.

after they sprout perhaps, but i've not heard before of
planting onion seeds in the late fall. did you plant
them in the early fall before the rains and frosts came
along?

I planted the radish seeds about five weeks ago. They
are also suppose to love it cold.

I have no problem with regular radishes, just these
Korean ones. Regular radishes sprout like weeds!

Korea may not be noted for cold, so perhaps it was
a bit too early for those. not sure. here we had
a long and very cold winter with repeated freeze/thaw
cycles, they may not have liked that...

you could put some in again and see if they sprout
same with onion seeds.

My garlic love it freezing cold and snow and ice.
I plant them in the fall.

yes, mine are growing well. i've never been able
to kill it (not that i want to ).

songbird